Friday, November 12, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

One of my bff's is officially a "Mrs.". And I couldn't be happier for her. The ceremony was at St. Ignatius Church, on the campus where I introduced her to him about 6 years ago. It was a tad bit cold, and a tad bit rainy, but the ceremony was gorgeous, no one fell, the Best Man and I remembered to bow, I didn't trip, she didn't trip, and somehow we were able to keep our tears in so as not to ruin our makeup for pictures. I was afraid being Maid of Honor was going to be stressful, but somehow Janelle had everything covered and she kept her cool.

After her wedding and reception, we had to go to yet another wedding for Irwin's college friend, but I couldn't wait to take off the dress and shoes. My dress was squeezing me so tight I couldn't eat right and I couldn't breathe. Remember that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean where Elizabeth couldn't breathe and she passed out? Yeah, that's how I felt. After the second wedding, I changed into my PJ's (the only spare clothing I had with me since we only stayed in the hotel for one night) and requested that we go to McDonalds where I promptly ordered a 20 piece chicken mcnugget meal and large fries. The perfect way to end a wedding filled Saturday.








1 comment:

  1. You guys all look so gorgeous! Don't you hate how faincy dresses don't let you eat and breathe? There needs to be some sort of compromise with elastic and gowns, I think ;) Congrats to your BFF!

    ReplyDelete