Sunday, March 13, 2011

Greenhearts Family Farm





A friend at work was telling me about becoming a CSA member (community support of agriculture), which basically entails signing up to support a farm, and in return, the farm will send you fresh produce straight from their farm and deliver it to your door. After researching some farms near me, I decided to go with Greenhearts Family Farm. I was so excited to open my first package, it was like Christmas Day. The vegetables are great, and the fruit was sweet. Plus, I'm not ingesting any pesticides, and since it's coming direct from the farm, I'm not losing the nutrients that are somewhat lacking in store bought veggies (that are often shipped from far away). Greenhearts family also has a set up at the Ferry Building Farmers Market, but since I hardly wake up early enough to go, this is a great alternative. It forces me to eat my vegetables and also to try some that I never would have chosen.

Thanks for the tip Tina!

No comments:

Post a Comment