Monday, October 18, 2010

Photo Diary: The Birthplace of Walmart

This post has been a long time coming, but I've FINALLY settled down and gotten my act together.

These were taken during a work trip to Bentonville, Arkansas, the birthplace of Walmart. It was definitely a different world over there, but the people were so pleasant and pretty much EVERYONE has worked or know someone who works at Walmart. I was quite surprised to see a few Target's there but I found out they were actually in the neighboring towns. I love Walmart.

_Welcome sign at the Bentonville Town Square
_Old freight container
_The "first" Walmart - Sam Walton's first Five and Dime
_Signage at the Home Office
_City Hall
_Cute fireplace in equally cute cupcake shop across from the Five and Dime
_Flowers at the cupcake shop
_One of many Sam Walton plaque quotes at the Walmart Visitor's center








No comments:

Post a Comment